Planning on staying home these holidays? If you’ve got some free time then you might be able to use it for that long-awaited home project you’ve been dreaming about doing all year long.
For a home project that will have the biggest impact on the overall look and feel of your property, here are some ideas:
1. Repaint your home’s exterior – Your home’s exterior needs to stand up to some pretty tough elements throughout the year and over time it can start looking quite weathered. Look at houses around your neighbourhood for paint colour inspiration and chat to the experts at your local hardware store to help decide on the best products to use.
2. Freshen up your gardens – Imagine having a relaxing outdoor space you can enjoy in the New Year? If you haven’t spent time outside for awhile because your garden is starting to resemble a jungle, then it’s time to put your gardening gloves on and start pruning any overgrown trees and shrubs. While you’re outside you might also like to add some new plants or create some new pathways using pavers.
3. De-clutter all your cupboards and drawers – Ever get around to doing that spring clean? Well now is your chance to go through all of the nooks and crannies in your home and clean it out and make room for all this year’s Christmas pressies. If you find that you need more storage, it could be time to invest in some new shelves or storage solutions.
4. Update your home’s hardware – Sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest difference. Change your door and cupboard handles or tap ware to give your home a modern update.
5. Fix anything major – Got a leaking tap or a crack in your walls? If something is broken in your home, then get onto it sooner rather than later and save yourself a lot of grief. Homes require a bit of maintenance all year long- but as song as something is breaking or not working properly you should get onto fixing it and prevent bigger problems from arising later on.