10 Victoria Street, Guildford
* * * ARCHITECTURAL MASTERPIECE * * * SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! House - Property ID: 615179
A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY exists to secure an exquisitely unique and iconic residence set on over one acre of prime riverside land IN THE HEART OF GUILDFORD and capturing SPECTACULAR SWAN RIVER VIEWS!
This 2-storey brick and iron energy efficient home is impeccably detailed throughout to the finest detail and hosts a magnificent compilation of early West Australian history.
Just a short walk to prestigious Guildford Grammar, this magnificent home encompasses too many features to mention them all. A overview includes:
* Grand Formal Entry exquisitely painted and complimented with tessellated tiles, extensive period leadlight, brass, ornate pendant.
* Ornate and solid jarrah original period staircase
* Finely appointed Formal Lounge with magnificent feature leadlight bay window, gas fireplace with ornate surround and insert and French doors to front verandah.
* Enchanting Family Room with yet another elegant bay window with superb leadlight, timber lined cathedral ceilings, stunning display of granite floor design inlaid with slate inserts, feature wood burning fireplace and statement mantle, triple hung Jarrah windows and multiple French doors to access side and rear verandahs. The Family room enjoys views to Swan River and to the upstairs Mezzanine.
* Huge classic country Cook's Kitchen with uninterrupted views to swan river includes timber lined ceiling with Oregon beams, granite and slate floor, extensive granite top benches and plenty of under and above bench storage, ceramic Belfast sink, stainless steel gas top stove, concealed Miele dishwasher, all original Rayburn wood fire stove on a brick hearth, Perrin & Rowe Mayfair taps, large larder and magnificent feature (fixed) antique pine corner display units.
* Main Bedroom features magnificent leadlight windows and a stunning leadlight portal window. Soft furnishings are by Laura Ashley, Large BIR's, French doors to verandah and a luxury tiled ensuite with, shower, vanity and wc (all superb quality fixture and fittings).
* Bedrooms 2, 3 & 4 are large and feature similar high ceilings, immaculate detailed paintwork with decorative cornicing, solid and uniquely large robe doors, exquisite wall and/or ceiling lighting, timber-lined sash windows and/or French doors.
* Bathroom features a magnificent claw-foot bath with overhead shower, sensational period marble top vanity and tessellated tile floor.
* Period staircase leading to baltic-lined Mezzanine with views to Swan River.
* A further staircase leads to the 5th bedroom set in a large timber-lined attic with baltic flooring, four panelled doors, and three sets of casement windows enjoying spectacular river views and views of our Stirling Square Park Church.
* Door-treads thoughout this wonderful home are solid slate.
* Fabulously large separate outside laundry with feature wood cabinetry, granite slab top and a fitted original baltic pine linen cupboard. Two sash windows feature beautiful pressed tin awnings.
* An original early brick-lined well, steeped in history, borders this and the neighbouring property.
* Jarrah post and beam, Jarrah floor and ceiling-lined verandahs encompass this magnificent home.
* The rear outdoor entertaining area includes extensive wrought iron balustrade with wooden handrail and overlooks pool, terraced and landscaped gardens down to the paddocks and river.
* Access the stable, chook pen, wood shed and paddocks through highly sought-after authentic period farm gates.
* Private below ground heated Swimming Pool features a solid granite slab and stair entry
* Secure double garaging via electronic gate, plus additional side carport in a character trussed garage with unique vented porthole in the gabled apex. Plenty of easy parking for guests, boat and caravan.
* 15 Minutes from Perth CBD. Close proximity to Guildford Train Station.
This is undoubtedly a rare opportunity to secure one of the largest properties in the centre of historic Guildford and yet at the doorstep of the Swan River.
With very close proximity to all amenities including schools, restaurants, bars and cafes, bus, train, boutiques, antiques and the gateway to Perth's beautiful Swan Valley Winery Region, this home has it all!
I've fallen in love and so will you!
Viewings of this property are by appointment only.
Call Heidi McAtee today to book your private viewing: 0406 321 770.
- Land Size Approx. - 4643 m2
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
- Close to Transport
- Heated Pool