90 Eleven Mile Drive, Bathurst
Sold by James Thompson. 0429157157 Lifestyle - Property ID: 597451
Blackdown is one of New South Wales most significant properties and one of the finest examples of Australian Heritage Architecture. The residence is an exceptional single storey home surrounded by 17 acres approx. of established and manicured lawns and shrub gardens. The estate was designed as a self-sufficient village complex with farrier, gardeners, groomsmen and domestic servants.
* 139 Acres (56.47ha) approx. of outstanding balanced country with high performance perennial pastures, exceptional Lucerne, flat and beautiful undulating country.
* Excellent location only 2 1/2 hours from Sydney and 4km from Bathurst CBD, the oldest and the first established inland city.
* 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 cottages, drawing room, library, guest accommodation, 2 study's, veranda's open plan kitchen with marble island bench top, stainless steel appliances adjoin large family and dining area. Ducted gas heating under floor and hydronic heating.
* External Groundsman's office
* Magnificent established gardens, some with original plantings.
* Stable complex, stallion boxes with bunk house over
* Underground parking for 8 vehicles
* Extensive outbuildings and work areas
* Recently constructed Art studio with full amenities
* Swimming pool, Tennis court & dressage arena
* Excellent water - 3 licenced bores, 2 wells and large dams
* Olive grove
* Orchard with a variety of species
* Green house, vegie garden and potager
In April 1822, Thomas Fitzherbert Hawkins, Naval officer and pioneer settler, was appointed commissarial store keeper at Bathurst.
With his wife, mother in-law, 7 children and nine convicts, Hawkins travelled from Sydney to Bathurst a journey of 18 days.
On arrival in Bathurst Hawkins selected 2000 acres on the Macquarie River and and named it "Blackdown". He built a fine brick house, cleared and fenced the land, formed gardens, built a Mill and planted crops.
Hawkins went on to be a foundation member of Trinity Church Kelso, a member of the legislative assembly and a founding trustee of All Saints College Bathurst.
Sold by James Thompson. 0429157157
- Land Size Approx. - 139 acres
- External Groundsman's office
- Magnificent established gardens, some with original plantings.
- Stable complex, stallion boxes with bunk house over
- Underground parking for 8 vehicles
- Extensive outbuildings and work areas
- Recently constructed Art studio with full amenities
- Swimming pool, Tennis court & Dressage Arena
- Excellent water - 3 licenced bores, 2 wells and large dams
- Olive grove
- Orchard with a variety of species
- Green house, vegie garden and potager
- Domestic vineyard